Skip to content
LOCAL (to you) IDEAS
- Warm Up America! is a charity that is committed to motivating, training and coordinating volunteers to knit and crochet afghans and clothing for people in need. Here are their current needs.
- Wooftrax Raise money for animal charities just by walking your dog! (You don’t even have to have a dog. or you can borrow a shelter dog!)
- Sign up as an animal foster, or volunteer at a local shelter.
- Participate in a park/stream clean up day! It’s spring time (in the northern hemisphere anyway), and a lot of groups are planning events like this! You don’t even need to do it as part of a group – if you go hiking or to a local park, bring a bag to clean up trash.
- Volunteer for a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
- Donate blood! With the covid scare ongoing, blood drives are being cancelled and supplies are low
- Write letters to your government representatives to support education and arts funding
- Build a Little Free Library for your community